MRDA Announces Creation of Rules Committee
For Immediate Release
August 12, 2013 – The Men’s Roller Derby Association’s Board of Directors recently approved the creation of a Rules Committee. The Rules Committee will initially be headed by MRDA Director of Officiating, Miss Trial.
The Rules Committee will primarily:
- offer insight and perspectives on any rules-related issues that develop.
- propose ways in which the rules can evolve to accommodate the needs of the game and MRDA member leagues.
- encourage rules discussions within MRDA membership.
- assist in collating feedback from MRDA members on rules-related issues.
- present feedback to WFTDA through MRDA’s seat on WFTDA’s Rules Committee Theory Panel.
In addition, the Rules Committee will be comprised of six members, four skaters and two officials. The initial Rules Committee members as voted on by MRDA’s membership are:
- Camel Joe – Sioux City KornStalkers Skater
- L8R SK8R – Carolina Wreckingballs Skater
- Stryker – Mass Maelstrom Skater
- Tony Muse – Your Mom Men’s Derby Skater
- Judge Injury – Independent MRDA Official
- Pol E. Dangerous – Independent MRDA Official
Please join MRDA in welcoming these new positions.