MRDA Announces New Executive Board of Directors
For Immediate Release
11/29/2012 – The Men’s Roller Derby Association is proud to announce its newly-elected Executive Board of Directors. The Executive Board of Directors oversees the MRDA as the governing body for men’s flat track roller derby and will continue to build relationships with other roller derby organizations. Representatives from the 25 leagues voted for the following newly elected Executive Board of Directors:
- President: Erich Bennar (Pioneer Valley Roller Derby – Northampton, MA)
- Vice President: Graham Espe (aka Grambo, The Quadfathers – Utica, NY)
- Secretary: Geno Guerrero (Puget Sound Outcast Derby – Tacoma, WA)
- Treasurer: Jill Vidal (aka Girl Fawkes, Connecticut Death Quads – Waterbury, CT)
- Executive Director of Public Relations: James Brains (Lane County Concussion – Eugene, OR)
- Executive Director of Sanctioning and Games: Jonathan Rockey (aka Jonathan R, New York Shock
Exchange – NYC, NY)
- Executive Director of Member Relations: Filup Bagby (aka Uncle Jesse McNasty, Dallas
Deception – Dallas, TX)
The new Executive Board of Directors will officially take office January 15, 2013.
Stepping down from the MRDA Executive Directors is the St. Louis GateKeepers’ Scott Meyer (aka Magnum, p.i.m.p.). Meyer has served on the MRDA’s Board of Directors since its creation. In his role as Vice President over the last year and a half, Meyer worked hard to further the MRDA’s mission. His biggest legacy is working with the WFTDA to offer universal insurance coverage between MRDA and WFTDA. This allows men’s and women’s teams to more easily train and compete together. Please join MRDA in thanking Meyer for his work for the MRDA and for roller derby as a whole.