Atlanta Men’s Roller DerbyAustin AnarchyBarrow InfernosBototos BandidosBridgetown Roller DerbyBrisbane City RollersCapital City HooligansCapital District Trauma AuthorityCarolina WreckingballsCasco Bay Roller DerbyChicago Bruise BrothersChinook City Roller DerbyCleveland Men’s Roller DerbyCollision Roller DerbyCrash Test BrummiesD.H.R. Men’s Roller DerbyDenver Ground ControlDerby Club le Cres Lattes MontpellierDetroit Men’s Roller DerbyEast Midlands Open Roller DerbyFlour City Roller DerbyGlasgow Men’s Roller DerbyGolden State HeatGranite City BrawlersHarm City Men’s DerbyHelsinki Coast Quads Roller DerbyHouston Men’s Roller DerbyKansas City SlaughterKent Men’s Roller DerbyLane County ConcussionLight City DerbyLincolnshire Rolling ThunderMadRiders Men’s Roller DerbyMagic City MisfitsManchester Roller DerbyManneken BeastsMass MaelstromMen’s Roller Derby JapanTwin Cities Roller DerbyMohawk Valley Roller DerbyMontreal Men’s Roller DerbyNew Orleans Brass Roller DerbyNorth Wales Roller DerbyOrcet Roller DerbyPanam SquadPhiladelphia HooligansPittsburgh Blue StreaksPuget Sound Outcast DerbyRace City RebelsRoller Derby ToulouseSan Diego AftershocksSaint Louis GatekeepersSydney City SMASHTampa Bay Men’s Roller DerbyTampere Rollin’ BrosTexas Men’s Roller DerbyThe Inhuman LeagueToronto Men’s Roller DerbyLes Nordiks de TouraineTyne and Fear Roller DerbyVancouver MurderVarsity Derby LeagueVictoria Men’s Roller DerbyWheels of MayhemWisconsin United Roller Derby

MRDA to Promote This Is How I Roll

MRDA to Promote This Is How I Roll

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

5/8/2012  – Men’s Roller Derby Association (MRDA) proudly supports the documentary This Is How I Roll. For the past four years, the This Is How I Roll production team followed the growth of men’s derby and the birth of MRDA. And now, MRDA is excited for the May 10th premiere of the story of men’s roller derby.

This Is How I Roll follows men’s roller derby from its rocky beginnings with the first bout between the New York Shock Exchange and Pioneer Valley Roller Derby in front of jeers from fans to its present day (still sometimes reluctant) acceptance within the roller derby community. As the film’s website says, there are 25,000+ roller derby players in the world. 98% of those are women. This Is How I Roll is about the other 2%.

MRDA is proud to have so many of its members play starring roles in This Is How I Roll. MRDA President Erich “Dr. Spankenstein” Bennar, world-renowned men’s derby skater Mo “Quadzilla” Sanders, Shock Exchange’s “Jonathan R” Rockey, and others who were instrumental in the development of men’s flat track roller derby describe the apprehension and mistrust among members of the more-established women’s derby community.

Through its accessibility to filmgoers with no roller derby experience and its honesty in portraying men’s roller derby, This Is How I Roll aligns itself with MRDA’s mission to enhance the roller derby community and grow the sport no matter what the gender of the participants.

Thus, it is with great honor that MRDA strongly recommends This Is How I Roll to roller derby fans and to people who know nothing about the sport. MRDA encourages all to attend the world premiere at the Seattle True Independent Film Festival on May 10th. Also, keep an eye on the This Is How I Roll Facebook page for future screenings.

This Is How I Roll website: http://www.thisishowirollmovie.com/

This Is How I Roll Facebook page:http://facebook.com/thisishowirollmovie

For ticket info for the May 10th premiere in Seattle visit: http://thisishowiroll-eorg.eventbrite.com