The MRDA has extended our timeline from May 1st to May 15th at this time. Further details below.
Recommendations for member leagues:
- We recommend suspension of training and competition until at least May 15th.
- Leagues should maintain compliance with local public health advice for when to resume.
- MRDA League Reps- please complete the postseason questionnaire available on the forums
Sanctioning, Compliance and Rankings:
- Sanctioning for games scheduled between now and May 15th has been revoked.
- Requests to sanction games between now and May 15th will be refused.
- Games with revoked sanctioning will count towards compliance / rankings.
- The above may be extended out beyond May 15th.
- Minimum number of games for compliance / rankings reduced from 5 to 3 until June.
- We may further reduce the minimum number of games before June.
- Prior to June, we will reassess and establish protocol for the following 12 months.
- Games already submitted for sanctioning that are (or have been) cancelled due to the virus will count towards compliance, and therefore post-season eligibility.
- Games at MRDA Endorsed tournaments that are (or have been) cancelled due to the virus will count towards compliance, and therefore post-season eligibility.
- Games cancelled due to the virus will incur no forfeit disciplinary actions.
Men’s Roller Derby World Cup (July):
- The event is currently postponed with the possibility to be held in early 2021
MRDA Post-season (August and October):
- At this time, we are planning for both Playoffs and Championships to proceed as scheduled. We are hoping to have more information out in early May.
- We are keeping in contact with the hosts throughout this time and will communicate any changes as soon as they are known.
WFTDA and JRDA further information:
- WFTDA: https://resources.wftda.org/covid-19/
- JRDA: https://www.juniorrollerderby.org/page/show/5696879-covid-19-communication-and-resources
The situation is very fluid, and the Board is continually reviewing and assessing our response to it – we expect that our plans and response will change over time, and we will provide updates as appropriate.
The MRDA Board